Sunday, August 22, 2010

The best music

I'm setting up this blog to share musical tastes and treasures with my friends and followers.  I will be calling on my friends at first to share their favorite songs, albums and artists.  However, if you have come across this blog and wish to throw your hat into the ring, just send me an email with your review to tonycontento@gmail.com.

Here's the format:

Song title:
Artist:
Album title:
Year:
Genre/Style:
Record label:
City/Country of Origin:
Personal notes:

3 comments:

  1. Song title: When The Wild Wind Blows
    Artist: Iron Maiden
    Album Title: The Final Frontier
    Year: 2010
    Genre/Style: Metal
    Record Label: UMe
    City/Country of Origin: England

    Personal notes: So far, the highlight of the new Maiden album. It clocks in at 11 minutes, so it's definitely an epic even by Maiden standards. I've never read the graphic novel or the subsequent film adaptation of the story, so I can't speak to the differences between the song and the source material. It's a quite powerful song both musically and lyrically and I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, can you post this as a blog entry? Maybe add a cool album cover image?

    :D

    ReplyDelete