Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Song title: Zero
Artist: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Album title: It's Blitz
Year: 2009
Genre/Style: Electronic Punk?
Record label: Interscope
City/Country of Origin: NYC, USA
Personal notes:

Thank you, thank you Yeah Yeah Yeahs for keeping me believing in new music, reminding me it's out there somewhere if you seek it out. Somehow they eluded me for almost 9 years, pulling me back from the brink of musical oblivion. Thinking that perhaps I'd been forever lost from music of the present (versus, say, the music of my teens and twenties), here come Karen O and company to rescue me. Hearing this album, and this track is particular, pretty much blew me away like the same time I heard Siouxsie and the Banshees. I don't want to settle into musical midlife quitely, and as long as bands like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are around, I've got a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment